The following are the Terms and Conditions of any booking made with Florida Vacation Home.
The Tenant hereby agrees to rent from the Landlord, the home with the furnishings located therein, on the following terms and conditions:
- Confirmation of Acceptance and Deposit:
A deposit (the “Deposit”) in the amount equal to fifty percent (50%) of the total amount of the Basic Rental Fee (as defined below) payable for the rental period shall be paid to the Landlord within seven (7) days following notice by the Landlord ( or authorized property manager) to the Tenant that this application has been accepted.
The balance of the total rent, the refundable security deposit, and any associated costs (cleaning, taxes etc) shall be payable thirty days prior to the arrival date. In the event this application is submitted less than thirty days prior to the arrival date, the deposit shall be the full amount of the rent & fees payable for the rental period.
- Refundable Security Deposit and Pet Deposit:
A security deposit (the security deposit) in the amount of $300.00 and (when applicable) a pet deposit (rate TBA) is payable along with the final payment. The security deposit shall be held by the Landlord for the observance and due performance by the Tenant of the terms and conditions of this agreement. Except for deductions made in accordance with the terms of the agreement, the security deposit shall be returned to the Tenant by regular mail within 30 days following the departure date. In the event the deductions to the security deposit hereunder exceed the amount of the security deposit, the Tenant shall remit forthwith the balance of the deductions by check payable to the Landlord.
- Rental Term
The rental term shall be the period commencing on the arrival date and ending on the departure date, unless terminated in accordance with the provisions of the agreement.
- Rental Rate
The Tenant agrees to pay the following sums for the rental of the property as defined in any booking.
The rental rate is made up of the following components
Basic Rental Fee
Prepaid Cleaning Fee
Taxes (state and Local)
Refundable Security Deposit: $ 300.00
Deposit Amount due at time of booking $ 50%
Final Amount – due 30 days before stay $ 50%
Keys for the property will be provided to the Tenant by the Landlord or property manager. The keys may be used by the Tenant and the Tenant’s guests to access the property during the rental term period. The Tenant shall ensure that all doors to the property are locked at all times during occupancy when no one is present at the property. Loss of keys will result in a charge of $100 for attendance and key replacement.
The Tenant shall inform the Landlord/manager of the time of the departure for the last time on the departure date and will leave the keys on top of the dining room table prior to vacating. Failure to leave the keys shall result in a $150.00 charge for lock replacement; this charge would be deducted from the security deposit.
- Telephone/ Wifi / Internet
There is no telephone provided at the property.
The rental includes Internet available via Wifi.
The Tenant is responsible for the legal use of the internet during the rental term, which includes use of the internet by the Tenant’s guests.
Any illegal activity including copyrights is strictly forbidden. Any such activity will be the responsibility of the Tenant.
- Use of Property by Tenants
- The maximum occupancy of the property is 6 persons plus one infant in the crib. Occupancy relates to those staying overnight. These numbers are not to be exceeded and any persons in excess of this number could cause the remainder of your stay to be cancelled without refund.
- Maintain the property at all times in a good and tidy condition;
- Refrain from smoking inside the property and dispose of any cigarette butts outside the property in a safe and tidy manner;
- Do not cause or create a nuisance to the neighborhood in any way, including, but not limited to: playing loud music, loud parties and the like;
- Properly use and operate all equipment, machinery and appliances at the property
- Do not move or re-arrange any furniture inside the property;
- Please do not sit on furniture in wet bathing suits, and please ensure that sand is removed from shoes and feet before entering the property
- Comply with all applicable laws while on the property and in connection with the use of the property;
- Leave the property in the same condition in which you found it at arrival;
- Take full responsibility for the proper supervision and use of the pool and ensure that guests using the pool are properly supervised at all times and acting in accordance with the conditions set out in section 8(1).
- Use of Pool
1 . The Tenant hereby acknowledges that the property reserved includes a pool and agrees that the pool and pool area (pool deck / lanai) can be hazardous when appropriate safety and caution is not obeyed. These hazards include but are not limited to the fact that the pool area and all floors on the property may become slippery when wet and that injury or death may result from unsupervised or inappropriate use of the pool. The Tenant acknowledges, accepts and assumes all risks to the Tenant and the Tenant’s guest’s related to the use of the pool and deck / lanai areas.
- Use of the pool by the Tenant and the Tenants guests is strictly at the Tenant’s own risk.
- The Tenant acknowledges that it is the Tenant’s responsibility to ensure proper use of the pool, and that security for the use of the pool does not form part of the lease agreement. Should the Tenant, or any guest of the Tenant, choose to use the swimming pool, the Tenant agrees that they are subject to the following conditions:
- Children must be supervised at all times when in or near the pool
- All swimmers will be accompanied by at least one other person
- The pool will not be used by anyone under the influence of any intoxicant
- Pets will not be permitted in the pool
- Diving in to the pool is not be permitted
- Running, roughhousing, dunking, pushing, wrestling or any similar or related activity is not permitted in the pool or pool area.
- The pool area shall be kept clear of clutter and debris
- Swimming in rainy weather or during a thunderstorm is not permitted
- Glass is not permitted in or near the pool
- Gates and doors leading to the pool area will be kept closed and locked at all times
- Swimming or entry into the pool is not permitted while any pool cover is on the pool.
- Access to the property by agents of Landlord
The Tenant shall allow access to the property by lawn and pool service personnel. Do not lock the screen doors as service personnel will need access.
- Damage and Replacements
The Tenant shall report any damage to the property upon arrival or occurrence. The Tenant shall be responsible for any damage to or loss from the property which occurs during the rental period.
The Landlord or property manager shall inspect the property following the Tenant’s departure and advise the Tenant of any damage or replacements in respect of which the Tenant is required to reimburse the Landlord. Damaged items will be charged according to repair or replacement value at the time of such repair or replacement as determined by the Landlord or property manager. All such charges shall be deducted from the security deposit.
The Tenant and the Tenant’s guests shall place all garbage and recycling in the designated containers prior to departure. Garbage days are advised in the guest directory.
The Tenant shall indemnify and save the Landlord harmless from and against any liabilities or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from related to or in connection with the Tenant’s rental of the property including, but not limited to, any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by the Tenant or any of the Tenant’s guests at the property during the rental period.
- Representations and Warranties
The Tenant represents and warrants to the Landlord and Landlord acknowledges that it is their intention that the renter’s occupancy will be seasonal and temporary. The parties agree that this agreement shall not be governed by Part II of Chapter 83 of the Florida Statutes.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event the property is materially damaged or is physically unsuitable for rental prior to the rental period, the agreement shall be null and void and all payments received by the Landlord hereunder shall be returned to the Tenant.
- In the event the Tenant advises the Landlord that he or she wishes to cancel this agreement 30 or more days prior to the arrival date, a cancellation fee (the Cancellation Fee) in the amount of $150.00 will be charged to the Tenant for administration and relisting fees. The remainder of the payments received will be returned to the Tenant.
- In the event the Landlord is advised of the cancellation within 30 days of the arrival date, 50% of the Basic Rental Fee plus the Cancellation Fee shall be due to the Landlord. The remainder of the payments received will be returned to the Tenant.
- Should the property be re-rented for the original dates, a full refund less the Cancellation Fee would be given. Re-rental for partial periods of the original rental term will provide for a representative and proportional return of the rental fees charged to the original Tenant.
- Termination by Landlord
The Landlord shall be entitled to terminate this agreement if the Tenant, or any of the Tenant’s guests, are in violation of any of the terms of the agreement, or in the sole opinion of the Landlord, if the Tenant or any of the Tenant’s guests’ use of the property is detrimental to the property or creates a nuisance in any way.
- Returned (NSF) Checks
All checks returned due to non-sufficient funds will be subject to a processing fee in the amount of $50.00 plus GST.
The Tenant acknowledges having read and understood the terms herein. Failing to adhere to the terms and conditions of this policy could result in the remainder of your stay being cancelled.